Assessment 4: Written essay on
Self-Reflection of in class role plays (30%) Due Date: Week 11
Word count: 1100-1300 words
Students must attend ALL lectures and tutorials to ensure completion of Assessment 4 Reflection. Overview: Students will progressively develop communication micro-skills and gain valuable feedback from their peers over the 12-week course. This feedback will be used to help students reflect on their emerging skills in a self-reflective essay.
Written Self-reflection Essay (30%)
Students are required to write a self-reflective essay in light of the skills learned over the trimester which will incorporate feedback received from peers.
The student should reflect on their use of
• micro-skills, including o active listening skills, o open and closed questions, o reflection of content, o reflection of feeling
o service assessment and intake information as well as
• nonverbal communication skills.
Connections must be made between the literature and the course learning material in order to support ideas and demonstrate knowledge and insight of subject matter.
Some questions have been provided below to help generate the response. This list is not exhaustive, and the essay may include other meaningful insights according to the student’s individual experience.
Some questions to consider when writing the self- reflective essay:
• Have the course materials and role play activities led to personal development and an increase in your communication skills? Reflect on the feedback you received over the Trimester – is there evidence of growth and development?
• If you felt nervous and uncomfortable during the role plays, what was your reaction to this and what did you do to help yourself overcome these feelings?
• What did you learn about observing non-verbal cues?
• Why are active listening and attending skills so important? What has been your experience with the development of these skills?
• What did you learn about managing communications in settings such as the workplace between colleagues or between client/community service worker?
• What are some biases, stereotypes, preconceptions and or assumptions about clients which you specifically need to be aware of?
• What are some areas for improvement? What do you intend to do to improve in these areas?
Your essay should include at least 5 (scholarly) journal articles not more than five years old from a search of the database from the library, as well as the text-book. APA 7 referencing expected.
Do NOT utilize sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment.
POSTED ONDECEMBER 1, 2021
Assessment 4: Descriptive Essay (30%)Due Date: Week 11•
Assessment 4: Descriptive Essay (30%)
Due Date: Week 11
• Word Count: 1100 – 1300
This assessment is about the power of collective action of SOCIAL MOVEMENTS as agents of positive social change in an Australian context.
Define the purpose of Social Movements and identify the four (4) types of Social Movements as outlined by Aberle (1966) and then explain the four stages of Social Movements in relation to ONE of the following Australian Social Movements:
· The Women’s Movement
· The Climate Change Lobby
· Anti-Smoking Campaign
• A minimum of 5 scholarly journal articles are required. Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment.
• Students are to use APA 7 report format (with subheadings) and referencing, both in-text and reference list, and include excerpts from at least 5 (scholarly) journals and the unit textbook.
4th Assessment: Reflection essay on class role plays (30 percent ) Week 11:
Attendance at ALL lectures and tutorials is required for Assessment 4 Reflection. Overview: Throughout the 12-week course, students will improve communication micro-skills and receive critical peer feedback. This feedback will let students reflect on their developing skills in an essay.
Essay on Self-Reflection (30 percent )
Students must produce a self-reflective essay based on the skills developed throughout the trimester, with peer input.
o active listening skills, o open and closed inquiries, o reflection of content, o reflection of feeling, o service evaluation and intake information, and o nonverbal communication abilities.
Links between the literature and the course learning material are required to support concepts and display topic knowledge and insight.
Below are some questions to help develop the response. Other significant insights from the student’s personal experience may be included in the essay.
Writing a self-reflective essay questions:
*Has the course content and role-playing activities improved your communication skills? Reflect on the Trimester’s comments – is there signs of growth and development?
• What did you do if you felt frightened or uncomfortable during the role plays?
Which non-verbal indicators did you notice?
Why Why is active listening and attendance so vital? How did you develop these skills?
• What did you learn about managing communications between coworkers or between clients and community service workers?
It’s important to be mindful of your own biases and assumptions regarding your clients.
• Where can we improve? What do you plan to do to improve?
Your essay should incorporate at least five (scholarly) journal articles from the library’s database, as well as the text-book. APA 7 anticipated.
Do not use websites like www.tutor2u.com or other similar websites as academic references for your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical assistance, you are not meeting the assessment’s requirements.
1 DECEMBER 2021
4th Grade Descriptive Essay (30 percent )
• Week 11: Descriptive Essay (30 percent )
• Word Count: 1100-1300
This study examines the collective action of SOCIAL MOVEMENTS as positive social change agents in Australia.
Explain the four stages of Social Movements in respect to ONE of the following Australian Social Movements:
Women’s Movement Anti-Smoking Campaign
• 5 scholarly journal articles minimum. Do not use websites like www.tutor2u.com or other similar websites as academic references for your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical assistance, you are not meeting the assessment’s requirements.
• Students must utilize APA 7 report format (with subheadings) and cite at least 5 (scholarly) publications and the unit textbook.
The post 1100-1300 words Self-Reflection of in class role plays appeared first on Research Quora.