A patient has checked into the ER complaining of having blurry and sometimes double vision. She’s also worried about a lump starting to develop on her throat. When you bring her into triage, you quickly note exophthalmos and the lump. When taking her history, she notes that she has always been remarkably healthy and always full of energy. She even brags that she doesn’t need as much sleep. She also complains that it’s warm in your usually cold triage room.
Answer the following questions and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource in APA format to support your answers.
What does the thyroid and its associated hormones do?
What is a goiter?
There are cases when both Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism could present with a goiter. Why?
Do you believe that she is presenting with hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism? Why?
You suspect Grave’s disease. What sign made you jump to this conclusion?
- Write a Discussion on Watershed Moments in History.
- Write a paper Dealing with Social problems.
- Use your imagination to identify a case where the Structural and Human Resources frames are useful. The organization of this analysis is flexible but a few criteria to keep in mind include.
- Prepare an academic research paper about the culture group including references on the group being studied and analyze using concepts used in this class.
- Discuss on the whether telemedicine will improve the quality of health care and it’s delivery for remotely located advanced health care para-professionals.
- EDefine your topic well, state your argument in a strong thesis, and organize your essay logically in support of that thesis;
- Write a paper on Census race categories and how they have changed over time.
- What does the thyroid and its associated hormones do?
- Write a paper on the Individual Income Tax Formula.
- Why would a hypoglycemic patient possibly present with a decreased level of consciousness?