A person driving on highway 11 towards New Orleans was reported scraping the side rails and swerving into the other lane. A brief police chase ensued. The police thought he was inebriated but began to question their first impression when they didn’t smell alcohol or drugs. They called for an ambulance and the individual was rushed to the ER. The patient had slurred speech. The patient wasn’t aware of where they were and couldn’t tell the medical staff the correct year either. There was a fruity smell noted on the patient’s breath.
Answer the following questions and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource in APA format to support your answers.
The very next question after checking level of consciousness and vitals was whether he was diabetic, why?
Why would a hypoglycemic patient possibly present with a decreased level of consciousness?
Why would a hyperglycemic patient possibly present with a decreased level of consciousness?
The patient’s breath has a fruity smell which is attributed to ketone bodies. Why are they present when the patient exhales and what is this state called?
- Write a Discussion on Watershed Moments in History.
- Write a paper Dealing with Social problems.
- Use your imagination to identify a case where the Structural and Human Resources frames are useful. The organization of this analysis is flexible but a few criteria to keep in mind include.
- Prepare an academic research paper about the culture group including references on the group being studied and analyze using concepts used in this class.
- Discuss on the whether telemedicine will improve the quality of health care and it’s delivery for remotely located advanced health care para-professionals.
- EDefine your topic well, state your argument in a strong thesis, and organize your essay logically in support of that thesis;
- Write a paper on Census race categories and how they have changed over time.
- What does the thyroid and its associated hormones do?
- Write a paper on the Individual Income Tax Formula.
- Why would a hypoglycemic patient possibly present with a decreased level of consciousness?