Hroswitha of Gandersheim was a nun who lived in the 10th century and is the first known playwright since the Roman Era. Her plays are humorous, but also carry strong moral overtones.
You will be reading three plays by Hroswitha. These plays are set during the Late Roman Empire when the Roman government actively persecuted Christians. The plays have very strong female characters.
In this paper you will reflecting on Hroswithas plays. What are the main messages that Hroswitha is trying to convey with the events in these play? What aspects of Christianity are emphasized by the actions within the plots of the plays? What themes are most prominent in the words that the young women use when speaking to their male adversaries? What are the virtues of these female heroines that are most highly praised in the plays? From these plays what can you infer about women and society in 10th century Europe when Hroswitha was alive?
LINK TO THE 3 PLAYS!
- reflection paper on Organizational Behavior concepts
- presentation script
- Mental health nursing
- Assessing what weve discussed today about patient prioritization, please locate one scholarly, peer-reviewed research article published no sooner than 2011 that discusses patient prioritization in nursing. You may locate this article on any database you choose, but it must meet these criteria.
- How will each factor influence the rate of adoption of electric automobiles?
- Race, ethnicity and language
- Nutrition and Hashimoto’s Disease
- Morality and Social Responsibility
- Women and Power in the Plays of Hroswitha of Gandersheim
- Final Reflection & Overview