Applying Project Management Approaches For A Quality Improvement Practice Gap
Project management allows for a clear and focused workflow to approach an issue or task. These approaches streamline a process, allow for checks and balances, and ensure all stakeholders are active participants in the process. Project management approaches often utilize SMART objectives to define and set the objectives for the project.
Each letter of the acronym SMART defines a different criterion for the objective. A SMART objective is specific, measurable, assignable, realistic, and timely. These objectives help to steer the work and direct the stakeholders to the completion of the project.
For this Assignment, you will reflect on project management approaches. That could be used to address a quality improvement practice gap. You will develop SMART objectives for the planning. And execution of a quality improvement project, and will consider potential project management approaches. Or activities that could be used in executing this project.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week, and consider the approaches of project management.
- Refer to the Week 3 Discussion, and reflect on the quality improvement practice gap you identified.
- Consider how you might apply the project management approaches examined this week to address the quality improvement practice gap you identified.
- Think about how you might develop SMART objectives for the planning and execution of a project to address the quality improvement practice gap you identified.
- Consider any other project management approaches. Or activities you might recommend using for your project that will address the quality improvement practice gap you identified.
The Assignment: (2–3 pages)
- Briefly describe the quality improvement practice gap you identified in your nursing practice or organization. Be specific.
- Develop at least two SMART objectives you might apply in the project planning phase or execution phase to address the quality improvement practice gap you identified.
- Recommend at least two project management activities you would use for your project, addressing the quality improvement practice gap you identified. Explain your justification for why these activities would provide the best support. Be specific and provide examples.