This is a POST FIRST discussion board. That means you can see responses by your classmates ONLY after you post your response. Your first post counts, so if it’s blank – that’s what you will be graded on. You cannot go back and edit your posts after you submit it. The reason this for this is that I want each of you to thoughtfully develop your own response. But then, I want you to be able to see what other students think about the same topics as you. It’s helpful to learn from our peers.
OPTION #1 – Searching for Research
Suppose the Oreo Cookie company is looking to modify and/or add a new flavor to its line of products. Please answer the following questions with that scenario in mind:
What are some secondary sources of information that might be used to conduct research for this company?
Describe how these sources might be used.
Describe a method you could use to gather primary research data for this company.
Review the SURVEY RESEARCH subhead in the PRIMARY DATA COLLECTION TECHNIQUES section of Chapter 10. Then develop questions to ask consumers – 2 structured and 2 unstructured – to use in the primary research method chosen in Part 3. Please clearly identify which questions are structured and which are unstructured.
OPTION #2 – Global Marketing
We will take on an international theme for this question. Go to the CIA World Factbook site (Links to an external site.), choose one of the following countries about which you would like to learn more, and answer the questions below:
Which of the following products would be best to market to residents in your chosen country? What are some of the statistics you used to help make your decision? Be sure to include the specific statistics to support your answer.
Considering the elements of the marketing mix (the 4ps) give a brief marketing mix. For instance:
How would you design the product? Are there any cultural considerations?
How would you price it? I am not looking for a specific price but more of some pricing considerations.
How would you advertise it? Make sure to think about media options and communications abilities.
Where would you distribute/sell it?
Explain, in your own words, what other general transnational issues are related to this country (see that section on the above referenced website) and how could these issues could affect marketing.
NOTE: Another great source of information to help you with information for these questions is Michigan States Global Edge (Links to an external site.). About halfway down the page you can click on By Country and select the same country as above.
Search entries or author
Search entries or author
- Write an essay on “Why do people have a tendency to remember unusual ads more effectively than ads that are less interesting?
- Discuss the positive and negative consequences of todays culture of participation that is enabled by social media platforms.
- Does the quality of every day non-fiction writing matter to you?
- What are some secondary sources of information that might be used to conduct research for this company?
- What is your account balance and how did your account balance end up compared to your competitors?
- What were some of the abuses of women?
- What four functions does the master production schedule (MPS) perform in the production planning system?
- What strategies did you use to develop the theme in your story?
- Discuss what you see are the reasons for and against using management practices in the diagnosis of organizations.
- Identify and examine the major factors and influences which engender the unique dynamics that may be presented by substance abuse clients of different racial and ethnic origins and from across different class, gender and religious belief systems.