Topic: No Child Left Behind and its impact on English learners
In the next few weeks, you will be exploring a specific topic in the legal history of English Learner education. As you complete Module 2, think about a case or law that particularly interests you. You will have the next two weeks to conduct research that topic using academic sources, write a 3 page report, As you plan for your presentation, pretend that you are delivering it to an EL audience with intermediate English proficiency. Therefore, apply strategies that can facilitate comprehensible input. After posting your presentation, you will have the opportunity to review your peers’ presentations and respond to them.
Step 1: Research your topic using at least three sources beyond the course textbook. Your sources should be credible and objective, and preferably academic articles or books. If one of your sources seems very politically biased, try to find an additional source that comes from the opposite perspective.
Step 2: Create a coherent argument about your topic including an explanation of the impact of the topic on the instruction of English Learners.
Step 3: Determine what strategies you can use to present your topic and argument to an audience of intermediate English learners. You may choose a strategy from the book by Herrell & Jordan on from any other source. Some recommended strategies are 4, 30, 39, and 46.
Step 4: Write a 3-page report. Your report should include the following:
1. An introduction of the topic (brief explanation)
2. A coherent articulation of your argument about the impact of the topic on the instruction of English learners, citing at least 3 outside sources to support it.
3. A brief explanation of the strategy(s) that you used to make your presentation comprehensible to an audience of intermediate English proficiency.
- How did African-American culture evolve in the slave community, and what form did resistance to captivity take?
- What motives led Americans to move about so frequently, and how did that mobility affect cities?
- Comparing the law of Edidence of France and the United States
- How do the different theoretical approaches to strategy in this week’s readings relate to and enlighten us about the likely interconnections between grand strategy (policy), intelligence, and war?
- Spanish-American War
- This research study seeks to establish the impact that they delay in resolving criminal cases has on the overall functioning of the criminal justice system
- Fictional story
- nursing burnout education and assessment change proposal
- Capstone project: Write a 1 page reflection paper about (Capacity to Lead) that you have previous completed. My individual project was about a topic on Monitoring of Employees Computer Activities and the impacts on employee and business:
- Create a coherent argument about your topic including an explanation of the impact of the topic on the instruction of English Learners.