Using the material on moral compasses from weeks 1 and 2, write a paper of no less than 500 words that accomplishes the following:
In a section titled “Theories” identify the 1 to 4 moral theories, you will use to build your compass (deontological, utilitarian, common good, virtue, etc.) along with a short, documented definition for each theory. [“documented” in the sense of citing and referencing your source(s).]
In a section titled “Explanation” explain for each theory how it would help you make what you feel would be the right decision and in what situations (ex. Using deontology at work to ensure the companys policies are kept and its reputation is upheld. Using care ethics at home to be equitable with the kids, etc.).
In a third section titled Compass Applied chose one topic from the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics (under Ethics Spotlight) or another pressing ethical situation you or others you know are facing at the moment and use ether Framework for Ethical Decision Making (Markkula or Brown), walk through the steps to make an ethical decision and justify what you decide is the moral action to take in this situation.
Be sure to be clear on which of the two frameworks you are using. Be sure you are clear on what you are doing. See the attached templates for the best way to address this assignment. You are not compelled to use them, but you should look at them to be sure you are on the right track. The content is the same, just the formatting on each is different.
Note all papers must be double-spaced and follow either APA or MLA formatting.
The above link is to be used for the compass applied section of the paper.
- Building a Moral Compass
- Discuss the measurement you chose from your work throughout the course.
- Language in japan
- What issues and themes are expressed by African American folktales versus African American poems? Analyze at least one folktale and one poem.
- Professional Associations Paper
- The value of Master Prepared Nurse
- Global Management
- Write a unified, coherent four or five paragraph essay on ONE of the topics you will see when you open the exam. Note that once you open the exam, you cannot return to it if you submit or close it. You have only one attempt, so take care as you write you have 2 Hours to write it.
- Which of the pictures (models) of the atonement do you find most compelling? How do you understand justification, and how do you assess the Reformation emphasis on this doctrine? Do you understand the nature of salvation more in Calvinist or Arminian terms?
- Direct and Indirect Victims of Crime