Consider the following quotation: Often times, potential users of research knowledge are unconnected to those who do the research, and consequently a huge gap ensues between research knowledge and practice behaviors (Barwick, M., Boudell, K., Stasiulis, E., Ferguson, H., Blase, K., & Fixsen, D., 2005). Social workers must work to close the gap perceived by the authors of this quote.
In your previous research course, you addressed the concept of evidence-based practice. However, it is important not to fall into a habit of using the term evidence-based practice without a clear understanding of its meaning. In particular, it is important to understand what standards of evidence must exist to classify an intervention or a program as evidence based. In this assignment, you are to clarify your understanding of the nature of evidence-based practice and analyze the challenges and opportunities for implementing evidence-based practice in your current social work practice.
To prepare for this Discussion, read the Learning Resources that provide information about different aspects of the evidence-based practice concept. As you read, consider how evidence-based practice or evidence- based programs might be used in a social work agency where you work or where you had a practicum experience.
1. Post a description of the distinguishing characteristics of evidenced-based practice. Then provide an evaluation of factors that might support or impede your efforts in adopting evidence-based practice or evidence-based programs.
GRADING RUB IC:
1. Discussion posting fully addresses all instruction prompts, including responding to the required number of peer posts.
2. Discussion posting demonstrates an excellent understanding of all of the concepts and key points presented in the text(s) and Learning Resources. Posting provides significant detail including multiple relevant examples, evidence from the readings and other scholarly sources, and discerning ideas.
3. Postings are well organized, use scholarly tone, contain original writing and proper paraphrasing, follow APA style, contain very few or no writing and/or spelling errors
- Accessing Information About Evidence-Based Practices
- Characteristics, Challenges, and Opportunities of Evidence-Based Design
- Affects of NAFTA on Mexico vs U.S.
- “The use of technologies in medicine” or “Do technologies have a positive or negative effect on personal safety?”
- Thomas Aquinas: Ethics and Morality
- Black Domestic Workers Make Meaning of Success in College
- Primary Document Based Research Paper
- 1984 Literary Essay: Winston Smith, Hero or Not?
- Five Major Old Testament covenants
- Organizational diagnosis