Essay must include a List of Works Cited (in the MLA style) at the end
Essay must include direct quotes from this text/these texts in the MLA style.
These are the topic we’re suppose to use, just use WHATEVER topic easier for you:
1. What issues and themes are expressed by African American folktales versus African American poems? Analyze at least one folktale and one poem.
2. Compare two folktales represented by Zora Neale Hurston in the folklore collection Mules and Men. What picture of African American culture emerges in these tales? What lessons do they teach?
3. What are the ethics expressed in Richard Wrights The Ethics of Living Jim Crow? To what degree are they relevant in American society today?
4. Compare mens and womens writings of the 1940s, 1950s, or 1960s. What differences in style, tone, and subject matter do you see in African American literature of this time, based on the authors gender? Which is ultimately more prevalent: differences or similarities?
5. What distinguished and characterized the Realism Movement in African American literature of the 1940s and 1950s? Use at least two authors in your answer.
6. Contrast the protagonists allies in Invisible Man. Consider in particular the allies willing or unwilling interactions with the protagonist, and the specific ways in which he benefits from them. Use two to three allies.
7. Compare two works of the 1950s in how they illustrate African American life under segregation. What does each author contribute to the meaning and understanding of being Black in the United States? What connections can be made between the authors works?
8. Assess the argument made by Robert Williams in Negroes With Guns that armed self-defense is necessary in fighting racism.
9. Analyze the deathbed instructions of the protagonists grandfather in Invisible Man. How do his words compare with the ideas expressed in Richard Wrights The Ethics of Living Jim Crow? To what degree are they relevant in American society today?
No internet sources should be used in this essay. These are the only sources were able to use, you DO NOT need to use all them, just ONE is required, but if you have to use more than one then that would be fine :
ANY of Gwendolyn Brooks poems
ANY of Robert Hayden poems
- Building a Moral Compass
- Discuss the measurement you chose from your work throughout the course.
- Language in japan
- What issues and themes are expressed by African American folktales versus African American poems? Analyze at least one folktale and one poem.
- Professional Associations Paper
- The value of Master Prepared Nurse
- Global Management
- Write a unified, coherent four or five paragraph essay on ONE of the topics you will see when you open the exam. Note that once you open the exam, you cannot return to it if you submit or close it. You have only one attempt, so take care as you write you have 2 Hours to write it.
- Which of the pictures (models) of the atonement do you find most compelling? How do you understand justification, and how do you assess the Reformation emphasis on this doctrine? Do you understand the nature of salvation more in Calvinist or Arminian terms?
- Direct and Indirect Victims of Crime