Use the following 2 starting points to develop your essay on morality and ethics:
The article by Jay Feldman: Sunday Dialogue: How Corporations Behave
Alfred North Whitehead’s controversial statement, “What is morality in any given time and place? It is what the majority then and there happen to like and immorality is what they dislike” (as cited in BrainyQuote, 2021).
Think about those two perspectives, and then select 1 of the focal questions in Part 1 of the assignment. Your response to the selected focal question will guide you to formulate a thesis statement.
Discuss the article and Whiteheads statement in the introduction, body, and conclusion of the essay.
Locate and utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in your paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list them in APA format on your Reference page.
Ensure that your paper is 45 pages in length, not counting the Title page and Reference page. In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include a Title and Reference page, should be double-spaced, and should include a running head and page numbers.
Part 1: Formulating the Philosophical Thesis Statement
Select only 1 of the following focal questions to answer to help formulate your thesis statement:
Businesses can have ethical standards, but businesses are not moral agents. Do you agree or disagree?
Is it true that the “bottom line” of a business is profit and profit alone?
In business, are there other, less tangible goals that are intrinsic toand just as important asmaking money?
In a business environment, why should people be moral as individuals?
Why should a corporation or organization be moral?
Could you apply the first formulation of Kant’s categorical imperative to a business environment?
Part 2: Developing the Essay
Identify your thesis statement (argument claim) within the introduction of your paper.
Conduct research using library resources. Please use the article presented above (Sunday Dialogue: How Corporations Behave) as well as 2 additional sources.
Outline your essay, considering deontological ethics, teleological ethics, moral objectivism, and ethical relativism in your argument.
Provide at least 3 valid reasons to support your argument. Remember to think critically herethere likely are reasons that may not be evident at first.
Also, be sure to include the following in your essay:
Use of explanations of philosophical conceptssuch as utilitarianism, categorical imperatives, process philosophy, moral relativism, moral absolutism, ethical relativism, moral objectivism, deontological ethics, or teleological ethicsto structure your essay and provide evidence to support your claims.
Remember, you can use these concepts to argue for or against a particular statement (e.g., from a deontological perspective, something might be “right,” whereas that same thing may be “wrong” from a utilitarian perspective).
Your argument and reasons (claims) should be defended by philosophical concepts supported by evidence, which is based on your research.
Part 3: Conclusion
Consider morality and ethics from the perspective of Alfred North Whitehead’s process philosophy and Immanuel Kant’s universal categorical imperative. After conducting your research and writing your essay, could you conclude that businesses can have ethical standards, despite the fact that businesses are not moral agents? Explain why or why not. Sum up your argument based on the evidence presented in the paper
- Explain how treatment with medication compared to treatment with diet and exercise influence/ predict lowered blood pressure.
- Discuss one disorder that may affect the brain and its functions.
- Discuss one muscular system disorder and its effect on the Muscular System.
- Discuss the way the kidneys contribute to the body’s homeostasis.
- Discuss one disorder of the Digestive system and its implication on the body.
- Discuss the control of the thyroid gland on the body in both states “hyper-secretion/hypo-secretion.
- Discuss how President Obama had the legal authority to order Operations Geronimo and to execute the long.
- Discuss the article and Whiteheads statement in the introduction, body, and conclusion of the essay.
- Write a research paper examining each theory as it relates to communicating online to develop relationships.
- Write an analytical essay in which you analyse Daniel Magruders article My Best Friend Died by Suicide.