Before you begin this assignment, please review the course materials from the first three weeks of class with a special focus on the three mainstream theoretical perspectives: realism, liberalism, and constructivism. Please pay particular attention to the definition of each and avoid pairing them with domestic perceptions of conservatives, liberals, etc. Unlike the Week Two Discussions where you had the freedom to include outside sources, you must incorporate the course-assigned texts only to explain IR theories. I suggest that you review the Wilkinson chapter, assigned in week two. For the event, try to use our online library and its wealth of resources. I will not accept summaries that you find in Wikipedia and similar sources.
For this assignment:
Choose a world event from the list below.
Identify the key leaders, states, and non-state actors involved. See Week One Contents
Decide which theory would best explain the event, and explain your choice. Be sure to define the theory and any other terms you use.
Your response should be 1-2 pages, double spaced.
The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (popularly known as the “Iran nuclear deal”)
Brexit, the drawn-out British move to leave the European Union and its impact on the world.
The Paris Agreement and/or the US withdrawal from the Paris Agreement
How the international community (not just the US) is handling the global pandemic of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Chicago style, Times New Roman, 12Pt, double spaced
- Discuss and analyze some aspect of the “Veto Message Regarding the Bank of the U.S.”
- Explain why Marx and Engels consider the industrial proletariat the only revolutionary class?
- Identify the key leaders, states, and non-state actors involved.
- What requirements do you think should be implimented for statewide, or nationwide, educational requirements?
- Explain the accuracies and inaccuracies of the movie.
- Discuss the depiction of selfishness in children and/or adults in the texts you have chosen; you may wish to discuss the reasons for selfish behavior, the social rules that determine when/if its acceptable to be selfish, and/or the effects of selfishness on a childs development and relationships.
- Explain the use of juxtaposition in “The Death of the Moth.”
- # 1 Do you agree or disagree with the authors thesis?
- In what ways does Alison and her family, particularly her parents, deal with discomfort?
- Explain why cigarettes aren’t banned in the US?