You live in Charleston, South Carolina, and your city has just experienced a widespread disaster caused by Hurricane Maxine. You have recently been designated by the city council and the city manager to determine if the citys emergency response plan was effective in reducing property loss.
Prepare a short plan to investigate the disaster and assess the flood damage in the city. Identify specific persons you will meet with during your investigation.
You found that over 65% of properties in the low-lying areas were damaged and that there were no significant improvements in damage control since the last flood, which occurred seven years ago due to a failure of the levee system. List four reasons that may explain the apparent failure to implement an effective mitigation program. Adequately support your reasons for this apparent failure.
Develop a recommendation that you would make concerning improvements in the city’s mitigation plan based on the latest disaster experience.
State and discuss the general principle in this case concerning the necessity and implementation of mitigation measures.
Length: This Case Assignment should be at least 3-5 pages not counting the title page and references.
References: At least two references should be included from academic sources (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles). Required readings are included. Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it MUST be enclosed in quotes. The references should be cited within the text and listed at the end of the assignment in the References section (preferably in APA format).
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to question.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity.
- Prepare a short plan to investigate the disaster and assess the flood damage in the city. Identify specific persons you will meet with during your investigation.
- Strategy Report for Owner of Turul Winery
- Describe patients rights, the civil commitment laws and the clinicians duty to warn.
- Explain your content using terminology and concepts introduced in this module.
- Identify the unique features of the rhetorical situation for a communication artifact: communicator, audience, message Identify rhetorical appeals including those based on credibility and trust (ethos), logic and evidence (logos), and emotion and empathy (pathos).
- What changes do you think might happen in the next 1020 years?
- Write a research on how smaller sites or implementing 45001 compared to larger sites and what do those implementations look like?
- Describe one patient care scenario where a safety or quality issue is apparent.
- What surgins and cyber security people are you including in the Delphi approach?
- What did you learn from creating and tracking a portfolio?