1. In Chapter 24, we see several examples of tenebrism in painting. What do you think the effect of this technique is as you view those paintings?
2. In Velazquez’s Las Meninas, there is quite a bit of ambiguity as to what is happening in this scene. As you read the various interpretations and look at the painting yourself, what do you think the narrative is? What do you think the artist is painting? What are the two focal points that are established by lines of sight?
*Focal points – Where the artist wants to viewer to look
*Lines of sight – Where the figures within the artwork are looking
- What do you think the effect of this technique is as you view those paintings?
- review the political speech regarding the construction of the proposed factory.
- Write a paper on the Homeland Security officers
- Should the COVID-19 Vaccine be Mandatory for the use of Public Transportation or Air Travel?
- Develop a plan for writing your essay, describing the historical event, selecting appropriate resources for your research, and identifying an audience for your essay.
- Explain How Denmark Is a Leader by Sara Miller Llana.
- Define the difference between civil liberties and civil rights.
- Discuss the major differences between “Healthy People 2020” and “Healthy People 2030”.
- What is optimally wanted is a well-informed, judicious, cogent, and well-written consideration of your chosen topic, which makes a good case through appropriate handling of textual and other evidence.
- Discuss the excerpt from Difficult Conversations which addresses three situations where conversations do not make sense.