• Select a bill that has been proposed (not one that has been enacted) using the congressional websites provided in the Learning Resources.
Based on the health-related bill (proposed, not enacted) you selected, complete the Legislation Grid Template. Be sure to address the following:
• Determine the legislative intent of the bill you have reviewed.
• Identify the proponents/opponents of the bill.
• Identify the target populations addressed by the bill.
• Where in the process is the bill currently? Is it in hearings or committees?
Part 2: Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement
Based on the health-related bill you selected, develop a 1-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement that addresses the following:
• Advocate a position for the bill you selected and write testimony in support of your position.
• Explain how the social determinants of income, age, education, or gender affect this legislation.
• Describe how you would address the opponent to your position. Be specific and provide examples.
The postfirst appeared on .